Wow. I suppose that keeping up with my blog apparently isn't on my list of things to do. I read my last post from almost exactly a year ago, and just realized how much has gone on since then.
A year later and I STILL absolutely LOVE my job. I tell people all the time, if I ever won the lottery I'd do my job for free. I just keep thinking back to all those other jobs I applied for at UM-Flint and in the Flint community, and I would always be so frustrated when I never heard back from them. But God knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he put me in Saginaw, and working in the School-Based Health Centers. It's such a privilege to get to work with young people and just talk about REAL LIFE ISSUES. My students are absolutely great, and I probably learn as much from them as they learn from me. We recently hired a 2nd health educator to work with me, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. She's an amazing person, and I couldn't have asked for a better counterpart.
As you can see from my lack of blogging, I keep myself VERY busy. I try to squeeze about 26 hours worth of things into each 24 hour day, so it seems. Lately I've gotten REALLY into couponing, making dinner and watching the 6o'clock news--i hope that doesn't mean i'm an old lady lol.
Bottom line: life is good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment